All of USC’s medical plans provide:
- access to top-quality providers
- preventive care at no cost to you
- effective coordination among providers
- limits on out-of-pocket expenses
- coverage for prescription drugs, behavioral health and substance abuse services, and out-of-network emergency care
Note that neither vision nor dental care is included but both are options available for purchase.
See our detailed guide: 2019 Comparing Your Health Plans Options. (Verdugo Hills employees, as well as union-represented employees from across the university, should view their medical plan options on their own pages; this chart does not include their options.)
Medical plan rates effective January 1-December 31, 2019
Medical plan costs are based on your pay rates. A chart has been prepared for each “salary band” or pay level. The charts are divided by whether you get paid monthly or biweekly.
Note that a spousal surcharge may apply to these costs – see the working spouse surcharge page for details.
Medical costs for those paid monthly
- Monthly costs if you make $53,000 or less annually
- Monthly costs if you make $53,000.01 to $104,000 annually
- Monthly costs if you make $104,000.01 to $156,000 annually
- Monthly costs if you make $156,000.01 to $250,000 annually
- Monthly costs if you make more than $250,000 annually
Medical costs for those paid biweekly
Remember that in months with three paychecks, costs only come out of the first two checks.
- Biweekly costs if you make $53,000 or less annually
- Biweekly costs if you make $53,000.01 to $104,000 annually
- Biweekly costs if you make $104,000.01 to $156,000 annually
- Biweekly costs if you make $156,000.01 to $250,000 annually
- Biweekly costs if you make more than $250,000 annually
For additional help in choosing your medical coverage, visit the webpages of the individual plans linked below. Direct questions to USC’s Health Plans office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (213) 740-0035.
EPO and PPO members also have an additional way to access behavioral health benefits with Lyra Health. Lyra provides care for mental/emotional health at no cost to you. Whether you’re feeling stressed, anxious, or depressed, short-term support from Lyra’s top therapists and coaches can get you “unstuck” with research-backed therapeutic methods as well as a suite of online tools.
- Find personalized recommendations for top providers, just for you.
- Meet with a therapist or coach in person, via live video, or tap into self-care apps on the go.
- No copays or paperwork. Sessions for you, your partner and your dependents are covered.
- Schedule appointments online. (More information and links coming soon – contact USC Health Plans for information at 213-740-0035)