The Anthem HMO is a low-cost plan designed specifically for USC employees that includes providers in Anthem’s HMO network and other selected providers. While the plan does not allow you to choose a Keck Medicine of USC provider, some Keck doctors are in the Anthem network. You must use network providers; there is no out-of-network coverage (except in an emergency).
- Finding providers
- Designating a primary care physician
- Getting prescriptions
- Claims, billing and reimbursements/Your ID card
- Wellness programs and resources
- Plan documents
- Contact information
- COVID-19 resources
- Go to www.anthem.com/ca and click “Find Care“on the home page. Click on “Search as a Guest,” then follow the steps below.
- Under “What type of care are you searching for?” select “Medical.”
- Under “What state do you want to search with?” select the “California.”
- Under “What type of plan do you want to search with?” select “Medical (Employer-Sponsored).”
- Under “Select a plan/network,” select “Blue Cross HMO (CACare) – Large Group,” then click on “Continue.”
- Enter what type of doctor, specialty, and location you’re looking for to get your search results.
- For more information about a provider, such as skills and training, click on the provider’s name on the screen that appears with your search results.
Urgent care providers
Follow the directions above for provider search, but choose “Urgent Care” under what type of care you’re searching for.
Designating a primary care physician
Upon enrollment in this plan, you must choose a primary care physician (PCP) for each covered family member from Anthem HMO’s list of affiliated physicians. You must see your PCP for a referral to any other Anthem HMO physician and obtain authorization before seeking care outside the HMO.
Your copayment is $10 per prescription for generic drugs, 20% of cost (with a minimum $30 copay and up to a maximum of $125 copay) for brand name formulary drugs, and 45% of the cost for brand name non-formulary drugs (with a minimum of $50 copay and up to a maximum $250 copay) at participating pharmacies. You can find a participating pharmacy near you on the Anthem HMO website or by calling (800) 235-8631.
Claims, billing, and reimbursements / your ID card
Available through Anthem directly – access their website portal by creating an account.
Wellness programs and resources
Anthem HMO – Health and Wellness Program
Anthem Blue Cross ConditionCare Health Program
Anthem HMO – MyStrength
Anthem High Blood Pressure Program
Anthem Diabetes Prevention Program
Anthem Blue Cross Diabetes Information
Anthem Blue Cross Special Discounts
Anthem Employee Assistance Program
Live Health Online
Anthem HMO benefit highlights
Anthem HMO Evidence of Coverage
Anthem Blue Cross Anywhere Mobile App Info
2023 Anthem HMO – Summary of Benefits and Coverage
Anthem Digital ID Card
Accessing care while traveling
Accessing care away from home
Anthem Blue Cross HMO | www.anthem.com/ca
HMO Member Services
- Please see the Coronavirus FAQ and the Coronavirus member information.
- Your Anthem health plan will cover the care you receive if you’re diagnosed with COVID-19. Anthem will also waive out-of-pocket expenses for the focused test used to diagnose COVID-19.
- Visit anthem.com/ca/blog or the CDC website at cdc.gov/coronavirus to learn more.
Beginning Saturday, Jan. 15, 2022, members covered by private health insurance or a group health plan are now able to purchase over-the-counter (OTC) COVID-19 tests authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) at no cost without a prescription. The reimbursement of OTC COVID-19 tests will remain in effect until the Public Health Emergency (PHE) is rescinded.
Members can log in to anthem.com/ca, go to “Claims & Payment,” and choose “Submit a Claim” for tests purchased on or after Jan. 15. Please be sure to keep your receipt to submit a claim online.
- In addition to the member demographic information that is normally filed with member submitted claims, you will also be required to certify that the test was purchased for personal use.
- See the COVID OTC Testing FAQs for further details.
- For additional information, please visit the Anthem OTC page or refer to the Anthem OTC COVID-19 test flyer.