USC Trojan Care EPO
COVID-19 update for USC Trojan Care EPO members
- Testing and costs – The plan will cover the care you receive if you’re diagnosed as having COVID-19. The health plan will also waive out-of-pocket expenses for the focused test used to diagnose COVID-19.
- LiveHealth Online – Primary care physician visits can be conducted online where physicians can answer questions, make a diagnosis and even prescribe basic medication if needed. For more information visit livehealthonline.com.
- Lyra mental health – Lyra provides care for mental/emotional health at no cost to you. Whether you’re feeling stressed, anxious, or depressed, short-term support is available from Lyra’s top therapists, coaches and online tools. For more information visit lyrahealth.com or see Coping with the Coronavirus Epidemic.
For the latest more information, please visit the CDC website for the latest COVID-19 information.
The USC EPO is a low-cost plan especially designed for USC employees, with access to world-class Keck Medicine of USC providers and an exclusive network of additional outstanding, carefully selected providers. Don’t just take our word for it – scroll to the bottom of the page to see comments from happy EPO members.
How it works
You must use USC Trojan Care EPO network providers; there is no out-of-network coverage (except in an emergency). When you need care, your only out-of-pocket cost is a $20 copay for most services, and the plan pays the rest after you meet your deductible ($100 for an individual, $300 for family coverage).
Your $20 copay is reduced to $10 for primary care physician (PCP) visits or behavioral health visits for every member of your family when you designate a PCP ahead of time – see information on designating a primary care physician below. You are not required to obtain a referral from your PCP before seeing a specialist.
You can access quality care from these providers in the Trojan Family:
- Keck Medicine of USC physicians (available at UPC, HSC, and numerous other locations around LA)
- Keck Hospital of USC
- USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center
- USC Verdugo Hills Hospital
To ensure your access to a full range of services, the EPO network also includes a wide selection of carefully chosen providers and facilities that meet USC quality standards, which you can find online at HCOnline, the consolidated member site. Note you do not have to log in to use the "find a provider" feature. However, EPO members - as well as anyone in your family - can log into the site to find providers, compare medical plans, and more. Visit https://hconline.healthcomp.com/usc, and see the HCOnline userguide.
USC Trojan Care EPO participants may access LiveHealth Online, where a primary care physician visit can be conducted online via two-way video consultation. Physicians can answer questions, make a diagnosis and even prescribe basic medication if needed. LiveHealth Online consultation will involve a $10 copay. Physicians are available year-round, 24/7. This service is only available within the United States. Visit www.livehealthonline.com for information on system requirements and supported mobile devices. Note that you will need your subscriber ID which begins with NP followed by the 7 digits of your employee ID number (NPXXXXXXX). Be sure you select “Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield” when asked which insurance you have. Employees and their spouses will need to create their own LiveHealth account to access a doctor visit; children can be seen using the employee’s account, but you will need to create a profile for each child.
Urgent care providers
Save time and money by using a participating urgent care center if you don’t have a life-threatening emergency, but have a condition that requires prompt medical attention – an urgent care copay is only $35. Find a participating urgent care center in CA by clicking here – then just enter your zip code in the Located near field and search. For participating locations elsewhere in the U.S., call BlueCard at (800) 810-2583.
If you designate a primary care physician for yourself and each of your covered dependents, you receive a $10 discount on your copay amount each time you visit the physician’s office (excluding visits to a specialist). While not required, in addition to the savings you receive, designating a primary care physician gives you someone who will have the “big picture” of your health and who can monitor any changes. The same goes for your covered dependents. To designate a primary care physician for you and each of your covered dependents, register at the HealthComp site (you may also wish to consult this helpful guide to designating a primary care physician). You may change your primary care physician designation at any time. Changes made on or before the 15th day of the month will be effective on the first day of the following month.
The EPO does not have a referral system so you can make an appointment to see any provider you wish without obtaining a referral from your PCP. Note that it is your responsibility to determine what level of coverage you have with any provider. If a provider is not contracted with the EPO, benefits are not covered under the plan.
The EPO formulary is designed to provide a wide range of medications while helping keep the EPO a low-cost plan. Be sure to verify whether your medications are covered under the EPO formulary. Some medications may also require a clinical prior authorization, step therapies or specific quantity limits. To learn coverage details about your medication under the EPO, including an estimated copay, visit the MedImpact site. Login under user name: uscepo2020 and password: Password1. Once logged in, select “Drug Price Check” and enter your medication name.
The USC Trojan Care EPO Plan is administered by HealthComp. Call (855) 727-5267 with questions about plan benefits, bills or claims. You can view your paid claims information on the HealthComp site, but you must first register as a member - see the HealthComp online instructions. You can also sign up to receive Explanation of Benefits (EOB) statements online only - see the HealthComp electronic EOB statement instructions.
Medical claim forms can be downloaded from the same site; a PDF version is posted here for your convenience:
Submit claim forms along with copies of bills and receipts for documentation in one of three ways:
- Scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org– be sure you fill in the subject line with: ATTN: Claims
- Fax to (559) 499-2464
- Mail to: HealthComp Administrators, PO Box 45018, Fresno, CA 93718-5018
USC Trojan Care EPO Plan ID cards are issued by HealthComp. Cards are mailed to your home address in a USC envelope printed with “USC Trojan Care EPO Plan ID Card Enclosed” in bold letters. HealthComp automatically sends two ID cards to subscribers with family coverage – if you need an extra card, log onto the HealthComp site or call (855) 727-5267. Cards take about two weeks to arrive, or you can download a HealthComp Digital ID Card on that site.
EPO members have additional access to behavioral health benefits with Lyra Health. Lyra provides care for mental/emotional health at no cost to you. Whether you’re feeling stressed, anxious, or depressed, short-term support from Lyra’s top therapists and coaches can get you “unstuck” with research-backed therapeutic methods as well as a suite of online tools.
- Find personalized recommendations for top providers, just for you
- Meet with a therapist or coach in person, via live video, or tap into self-care apps on the go
- No copays or paperwork
- Sessions for you, your partner and your dependents are covered
- Schedule appointments online - see the Lyra mental health factsheet
EPO members also have free access to diabetes management benefits through Livongo. Livongo combines advanced technology with coaching to support you and/or family members with diabetes. Benefits include:
- Connected, real-time meter that uploads your blood glucose readings
- Personalized insights with each reading
- Coaches - certified diabetes educators - available via phone, text and mobile app to offer nutrition and lifestyle guidance
- Unlimited strips and lancets at no cost to you
- Enroll now and have a welcome kit shipped to your door at no cost
- See the Livongo Diabetes factsheet
What your colleagues are saying
Watch to see what your colleagues think about the USC Trojan Care EPO.