USC Trojan Care EPO
COVID-19 update for USC Trojan Care EPO members
- Screening and testing – The health plan will pay 100% for only medically necessary screening and testing of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
- LiveHealth Online – Primary care physician and mental health visits can be conducted online where physicians can answer questions, make a diagnosis and even prescribe basic medication if needed. For more information visit livehealthonline.com.
- Lyra mental health – Lyra provides care for mental/emotional health at no cost to you. Whether you’re feeling stressed, anxious, or depressed, short-term support is available from Lyra’s top therapists, coaches and online tools. For more information visit lyrahealth.com or see Coping with the Coronavirus Epidemic.
For the latest more information, please visit the CDC website for the latest COVID-19 information.
The USC EPO is a low-cost plan especially designed for USC employees, with access to world-class Keck Medicine of USC providers and an exclusive network of additional outstanding, carefully selected providers. Don’t just take our word for it – scroll to the bottom of the page to see comments from happy EPO members.
How it works
You must use USC Trojan Care EPO network providers; there is no out-of-network coverage (except in an emergency). When you need care, your only out-of-pocket cost is a $20 copay for most services, and the plan pays the rest after you meet your deductible ($100 for an individual, $300 for family coverage).
Your $20 copay is reduced to $10 for primary care physician (PCP) visits or behavioral health visits for every member of your family when you designate a PCP ahead of time – see information on designating a primary care physician below. You are not required to obtain a referral from your PCP before seeing a specialist.
See the EPO factsheet.
You can access quality care from these providers in the Trojan Family:
- Keck Medicine of USC physicians (available at UPC, HSC, and numerous other locations around LA)
- Keck Hospital of USC
- USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center
- USC Verdugo Hills Hospital
To ensure your access to a full range of services, the EPO network also includes a wide selection of carefully chosen providers and facilities that meet USC quality standards, which you can find online at HCOnline, the consolidated member site. Note you do not have to log in to use the "find a provider" feature. However, EPO members - as well as anyone in your family - can log into the site to find providers, compare medical plans, and more. Visit https://hconline.healthcomp.com/usc, and see the HCOnline userguide.
USC Trojan Care EPO participants may access LiveHealth Online, where a primary care physician visit can be conducted online via two-way video consultation. Physicians can answer questions, make a diagnosis and even prescribe basic medication if needed. LiveHealth Online consultation will involve a $10 copay. Physicians are available year-round, 24/7. This service is only available within the United States. Visit www.livehealthonline.com for information on system requirements and supported mobile devices. Note that you will need your subscriber ID which begins with NP followed by the 7 digits of your employee ID number (NPXXXXXXX). Be sure you select “Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield” when asked which insurance you have. Employees and their spouses will need to create their own LiveHealth account to access a doctor visit; children can be seen using the employee’s account, but you will need to create a profile for each child.
Lyra Health providers
Plan members have additional access to behavioral health benefits with Lyra Health. Lyra provides care for mental/emotional health at no cost to you. Whether you’re feeling stressed, anxious, or depressed, short-term support from Lyra’s top therapists and coaches can get you “unstuck” with research-backed therapeutic methods as well as a suite of online tools.
- Find personalized recommendations for top providers, just for you
- Meet with a therapist or coach in person, via live video, or tap into self-care apps on the go
- No copays or paperwork
- Sessions for you, your partner and your dependents are covered
- Schedule appointments online
- More details HERE
Urgent care providers
Save time and money by using a participating urgent care center if you don’t have a life-threatening emergency, but have a condition that requires prompt medical attention – an urgent care copay is only $35. Find a participating urgent care center in CA by clicking here. Click on Guests, then follow the steps below. (For participating locations elsewhere in the U.S., call BlueCard at (800) 810-2583.)
- Under “What type of care are you searching for?” select Medical
- Under “What state do you want to search in?”select the name of your state.
- Under “What type of plan do you want to search with?” select Medical (Employer-Sponsored)
- Under “Select a plan/network,” if you reside in California select “Blue Cross PPO (Prudent Buyer) – Large Group”, or if you reside outside of California select “National PPO (BlueCard PPO)”, then click on Continue.
- You must input your city, county, or zip code where you are seeking care before selecting “Urgent Care” under the Common Searches
If you designate a primary care physician for yourself and each of your covered dependents, you receive a $10 discount on your copay amount each time you visit the physician’s office (excluding visits to a specialist). While not required, in addition to the savings you receive, designating a primary care physician gives you someone who will have the “big picture” of your health and who can monitor any changes. The same goes for your covered dependents. To designate a primary care physician for you and each of your covered dependents, register at the HealthComp site (you may also wish to consult this helpful guide to designating a primary care physician). You may change your primary care physician designation at any time. Changes made on or before the 15th day of the month will be effective on the first day of the following month.
The EPO does not have a referral system so you can make an appointment to see any provider you wish without obtaining a referral from your PCP. Note that it is your responsibility to determine what level of coverage you have with any provider. If a provider is not contracted with the EPO, benefits are not covered under the plan.
The EPO formulary is designed to provide a wide range of medications while helping keep the EPO a low-cost plan. Be sure to verify your medications are covered under the EPO formulary. Some medications may also require a clinical prior authorization, step therapies or specific quantity limits.
Our pharmacy benefits manager is Navitus. Our exclusive specialty pharmacy network includes Lumicera, USC Pharmacies and Keck Specialty Pharmacy. Mail order service is available through Costco Mail Order Pharmacy (Costco membership not required).
Visit the Navitus USC site now to learn more about your medications in the formulary, and search for a contracted pharmacy.
Livongo diabetes care
EPO members have free access to diabetes management benefits through Livongo. Livongo combines advanced technology with coaching to support you and/or family members with diabetes. Benefits include:
- Connected, real-time meter that uploads your blood glucose readings
- Personalized insights with each reading
- Coaches - certified diabetes educators - available via phone, text and mobile app to offer nutrition and lifestyle guidance
- Unlimited strips and lancets at no cost to you
- Enroll now and have a welcome kit shipped to your door at no cost
- More details HERE
Register at: http://www.join.livongo.com/USCTROJANS/hi or call (800) 945-4355 with code: USCTROJANS
Questions? Contact Livongo at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 945-4355.
The USC Trojan Care EPO Plan is administered by HealthComp. Call (855) 727-5267 with questions about plan benefits, bills or claims. You can view your paid claims information on the HealthComp site, but you must first register as a member - see Registering on HealthComp. You can also sign up to receive Explanation of Benefits (EOB) statements online only - see Understanding your EOB.
Medical claim forms can be downloaded from the same site; a PDF version is posted here for your convenience:
Submit claim forms along with copies of bills and receipts for documentation in one of three ways:
- Scan and email to email@example.com– be sure you fill in the subject line with: ATTN: Claims
- Fax to (559) 499-2464
- Mail to: HealthComp Administrators, PO Box 45018, Fresno, CA 93718-5018
USC Premier Care is a free service for plan participants with one simple goal - to make your health care easier, more convenient, and more personal. Your physician can refer you to the program, or you may contact them directly at (833) 726-8773 (M-F, 8am-5pm). The Premier Care team tailors services to each patient, collaborating with your physician and clinical staff to help you reach important health milestones. They also help with scheduling appointments, wellness services, medical management, community services support, health education, and care transitions when you are hospitalized, as well as annual cancer screening, and clinical programs for issues like hypertension and diabetes. Learn more with the factsheets below:
Medical plan identification cards are issued by HealthComp. HealthComp automatically sends two ID cards to subscribers with family coverage. If you need an extra card, log into the HealthComp site or call (855) 727-5267. Cards take about two weeks to arrive, or you can download a HealthComp Digital ID Card on that site.
USC Trojan Care EPO | USC Health Plans (213) 740-0035 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical prior authorizations
Anthem Blue Cross
What your colleagues are saying
Watch to see what your colleagues think about the USC Trojan Care EPO.