When your life changes, sometimes your benefits need to change, too. The following life events or status changes qualify for benefit changes—although the benefit changes must be consistent with the life event. You must notify Benefits within 30 days of the applicable life event.
Click on the life event below for detailed information.
- Birth of a child
- Child is turning 13
- Child is turning 26
- Registration of a domestic partnership
- Legal separation
- Divorce or annulment
- Termination or dissolution of registered domestic partnership
- Death of a loved one
- Death of USC employee
- Change in employment status/reduction in hours
- Insurance changes related to dependents
- Enrollment in ACA exchange
- Going on medical leave