Welcome to USC! Before your first day, there are several “next steps” that contain information and actions to take before your first day. Here, you will find a list of things to do or review as part of your onboarding process.
Explore the Employee Gateway
This is your “one-stop site” for all employment-related information for staff and faculty.
Activate your USC NetID
After receiving your 10-digit USC ID via e-mail, activate your USC NetID here. Your USC NetID, also known as your Shibboleth username/password, signs you in to USC online tools and resources, including the wireless network, Microsoft Office 365, Workday, MyUSC, and Google Apps.
Haven’t received your 10-digit USC ID? Contact the HR Service Center.
Need help activating your account Contact USC IT Services.
Set up Duo Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
The Duo 2FA system is required for all USC faculty, staff, and student workers, and it provides an additional level of security for your personal information in Workday and other USC systems.
Get started with Workday
Workday is our comprehensive employee self-serve system that tracks payroll, benefits, time off, performance management, and more. You can sign in to Workday using your USC NetID.
When you log in for the first time, there will be several activities waiting for you. You are responsible for ensuring that your information is correct.
As you sign in and complete the activities in your Workday inbox, here are some helpful links:
- Refer to our Onboarding page on the Workday Help site to help you get started.
- If you have any questions regarding updating your personal information or answering the self-identification questionnaires, follow these steps in our personal information guide.
- If you have questions regarding your payment or setting up your direct deposit, see this guide to make your payment elections.
- To better understand your tax documents, please see the frequently asked tax questions.
Activate your USC email
You can activate your USC email account at: usc.edu/firstlogin. It is during this process that you will be given your USC username and you can select a password.
To access your USC email through a web browser:
- Visit: usc.edu/office365
- Enter Username: The part of your USC email address to the left to the @ symbol.
- Enter Password: Set by you during account activation.
Obtain your USCard
Your USCard allows you access to campus facilities, athletic and cultural events, and serves as your on-campus wallet allowing you to conveniently purchase food, goods, and services.
Adhere to COVID-19 Requirements
USC is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy environment for everyone. Please visit the COVID-19 resources page for information related to the current COVID-19 requirements.
Review USC Policies
As a staff or faculty member, you are reponsible for familiarizing yourself with our policies on our policy website and adhering to them. These policies provide broad-stroke statements intended to influence expected behaviors of staff, faculty, and students and ultimately support the overall culture of the university.
The following offices work collaboratively to best serve the interest of our USC community and oversee the creation, enforcement, and administration of these policies:
- USC’s Office for Professionalism and Ethics serves as a central clearinghouse for complaints and the subsequent tracking of those complaints at USC’s University Park and Health Sciences campuses and all university programs and affiliates.
- USC’s Office for Equity, Equal Opportunity, and Title IX centralizes resources for civil rights education, reporting and resolution procedures, which includes responding to reports of discrimination and harassment based on a protected characteristic, including sexual misconduct, as well as related retaliation, involving faculty, staff and students.
- USC’s Office of Culture, Ethics, and Compliance provides resources and expertise to the USC community to ask questions about applicable laws, regulations, and university policies that impact their job duties.
Arrive – Transportation and Parking Support
No matter how long you visit with us, we have parking and transportation options to suit your needs.
Our USC Transportation website includes information on parking, permits, parking reservations, public transportation, bus schedules, and so much more.
Don’t know where to park? Check out the interactive UPC map and interactive HSC map to find the best location for you and for navigating the campus.
For more transportation and parking assistance, contact USC Transportation at 213-740-3575.
Congratulations! You have completed the first leg on your USC onboarding journey.
Questions regarding orientation can be sent to email@example.com.