Join the conversation this October for a multi-day Culture In Action series focused on empowering our community to live out our Unifying Values as individuals and as an institution. Panelists will share stories of empowerment, identify systematic or behavioral roadblocks, and demystify USC resources. Come hear from our USC leaders, deans, students, and alumni on practical ways to live out the values every day.
All USC faculty, staff, and students are invited to join us for the following events.
Culture Conversation: Alumni Panel on When to Lead, and When to Follow
Monday, Oct. 18, 3 p.m-4 p.m. (PT)
Join us for another interactive Culture Conversation where we explore empowerment in the context of when you’re reporting to someone, and when someone is reporting to you. Patrick Auerbach, Associate Senior Vice President for Alumni Relations, will be joined by an experienced panel of alumni leaders to discuss practical ways we can overcome challenges in different roles, responsibilities, and power dynamics to empower us to live out our Unifying Values.
- Karen Carr-Crawford (MPA 1983) – Start-Up Specialist and Growth Strategist
- Jason Lubin (2009) – Lit Manager/Producer at First Story Entertainment
- Robert Suzuki (2007) – Chief People Officer at Eureka! Restaurant Group
Culture In Action: Community Panel on Addressing Concerns
Tuesday, Oct. 19, 3 p.m.-4 p.m. (PT)
Come and experience an interactive conversation that demystifies the reporting process, explores concerns around retaliation, and discusses different resources and practices for addressing problems before they become a more serious issue. Patrick Cates, our Director of Organizational Change – Ethics and Culture, will be joined by a few of our community leaders to discuss how we can equip our community with the tools they need to address conflict, so they can be empowered to live out our Unifying Values.
- Catherine Spear (Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity and Title IX)
- Christopher E. Manning (Vice President and Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer)
- Ilene Rosenstein (Associate Vice Provost, Campus Wellbeing & Education)
- Michael Blanton (Vice President for Professionalism and Ethics)
Culture In Action: Dean’s Spotlight Panel on Culture
Wednesday, Oct. 20, 3 p.m.-4 p.m. (PT)
Come and learn about exciting culture efforts taking place across USC. This community panel will spotlight some of the incredible programs, initiatives, and other culture activities underway at various schools across campus. Moderated by Dean Geoffrey Garrett of the Marshall School of Business, we will hear stories from several deans about their successes and challenges around creating a culture that empowers faculty, staff and students to live out our Unifying Values.
- Catherine Quinlan (Dean of the USC Libraries)
- Yannis C. Yortsos (Dean of the USC Viterbi School of Engineering)
- Susan Enguidanos (Outgoing Assistant Dean of Diversity and Inclusion in the USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology)
Culture In Action: Student Panel on Empowerment
Thursday, Oct. 21, 3 p.m.-4 p.m. (PT)
Students will take center stage and share their experiences of empowerment and challenges faced in living out our Unifying Values. Moderated by Vice President for Student Affairs, Winston B. Crisp, we will be joined by a panel of student leaders who will provide a glimpse into what living our Unifying Values looks like inside and outside the classroom.
- Alexis Areias (Undergraduate Student Government President)
- KJ Queen (Graduate Student Government President)
- Quinn Anex-Riews (Director of Diversity & Equity – Advocacy within Graduate Student Government)
- Dajah Pickering (Vice President of Internal Programming – Marshall Student Ambassadors)