Gift exchanges can be a way to celebrate the holiday season, as well as build goodwill and strengthen working relationships with our community and third party partners.
As USC faculty, staff, students, or post-docs, you must ensure that:
1. Giving or receiving gifts and hospitality does not improperly influence or appear to influence anyone’s decision-making abilities improperly, and
2. You disclose gifts given or received to or from third parties as required under USC’s Gifts and Hospitality Policy. If you manage direct reports, please advise them to do the same.
As a reminder:
- Gifts should not exceed $200
- Gifts of cash (or cash equivalents, such as gift cards) are generally inappropriate, regardless of the amount
- Gifts should not create a real or perceived conflict of interest. Gifts that create a conflict of interest or the appearance of a conflict of interest are inappropriate, regardless of amount.
Please take time to review the Gifts and Hospitality Policy to understand what gifts are prohibited, acceptable, or require disclosure.
If you need to disclose a gift or hospitality, please submit your disclosure at the diSClose webpage.