Fall 2022 Workday System Enhancements
Posted on Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2022
Workday – USC’s human resource, payroll, and financial operating system – will be releasing its Fall 2022 update during September to increase functionality and enhance the user experience, particularly relating to the look and feel of the homepage and search functionality. Please see detailed release notes below.
Workday will be unavailable for use from Friday, Sept. 9 at 11 p.m. to Saturday, Sept. 10 at 3 a.m., while these updates are being made. This is in addition to the routine downtime from Saturdays at 11 p.m. to Sundays at 3 a.m. during which Workday performs its weekly maintenance.
Fall 2022 Release Notes
- Customizable “Menu” button: For ease of access to the various apps within Workday (e.g., Benefits, Pay, Time Off, Personal Information), a new “Menu” button will be located on the top left of the homepage. Apps may be added, removed, or reordered within this menu based on your personal preference.
- Tailored “Top Apps”: Also on the Workday homepage will be a new “Top Apps” tile, in which you can choose the top four apps you would like displayed. These apps can be reordered by clicking the “Edit” button within the new menu. All other apps can still be accessed via the new “Menu” button detailed above.
- “Timely Suggestions”: This new tile on the homepage will feature relevant information or tasks. For example, in advance of upcoming time off, any outstanding time off approvals and approval requests will be displayed along with a link to the “Time Off” calendar.
- Search capabilities within your inbox: This new functionality allows you to search for specific words and information within the “My Tasks” inbox.
- Cleaner search results display: To clean up search results, Workday will now default to “People” and “Tasks & Reports” as the two main search categories while allowing you to view additional results by clicking on “More Categories.” Faculty and staff who have previously created default searches will also be able to reconfigure their default searches to add or remove search categories.
- The latest on “Your Team”: USC managers will now have a “Your Team” tile that provides information about their direct reports, including upcoming birthdays, upcoming time off, and timesheets needing approval (for non-exempt staff).
Click here to access a Quick Reference Guide on the new functionality.
For questions, contact the HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 213-821-8100.