Life insurance provides peace of mind for you and your loved ones, safeguarding them from financial burdens if the unfortunate time comes that it’s needed.
To assure that your policy is designated to the correct person, and to protect your loved ones’ futures, make sure you’ve designated your beneficiary information in Workday.
Even if you did not elect to purchase supplemental life insurance, USC is proud to provide all benefit-eligible employees with Basic Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage in the amount of $50,000. You can select anyone, related or unrelated, other than your employer as your beneficiary(ies), including a trust or a charity organization if preferred. You can also designate more than one beneficiary and change them at any time.
Be sure to designate your beneficiary(ies) today, as not having one within Workday – should the policy be needed – will result in it being paid out in accordance with CA intestate guidelines.
How to designate beneficiaries
To enter your beneficiary information in Workday please follow these steps:
- Log in to Workday
- Click on the “Benefits” icon
- On the next page in the “Change” section, click on the “Benefits” icon
- On the next page click the arrow in the “Change Reason” box
- Scroll down and select “I want to change my Beneficiaries for Basic and Voluntary Life and AD&D”
- In the “Benefit Event Date” box enter the current date and click “Submit”
- On the next page click “Open”
- The next page will show you which life/AD&D plans you have
- Click “Continue”
- On next page enter your beneficiary(ies)
- Click on the “+” and enter the personal information for your beneficiary(ies)
- When you’re done, click “Continue”
- On the next page click “I agree” and then click “Submit”
The video below shows these steps.
If you have any questions, please email the HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 213-821-8100.