USC is making some updates to our COVID-19 vaccine policy, based on an Executive Order from President Biden and a new L.A. City Council ordinance. All fully-remote faculty, staff, and postdocs based in the U.S. will now need to meet our policy requirements by Dec. 8, 2021.
The following instructions pertain to university employees. To meet the university’s COVID-19 vaccine requirement:
- Upload proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status through USC’s health portal, MySHR, or
- Get vaccinated at any USC Pharmacy or USC health care facility or clinic (proof of vaccination status will be automatically submitted), or
- Submit a completed religious or medical exemption form to MySHR. Please allow 14 days for your religious or medical exemption form to be reviewed.
Keck Medicine of USC employees should refer to separate instructions from KMC Human Resources.
New testing requirements for individuals with exemptions who will be present at a USC facility:
- To ensure USC is in compliance with a new L.A. City Council ordinance, all individuals with approved exemptions will be subject to modified health and safety requirements, including mandatory testing.
- Effective November 3, 2021, testing will be required every 72 hours if individuals with exemptions are present for in-person activities at any USC facility or event.
As a reminder, to be fully vaccinated you must be at least two weeks past receiving the second shot of a Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or two weeks after receiving the single J&J vaccine shot. Vaccines with emergency use listing from the WHO are also accepted for meeting COVID-19 vaccine requirements.
Thank you for doing your part to ensure the university is compliant with regulatory requirements, and that we continue to keep our campus and neighbors safe.
HSC campuses indoor dining facilities entry procedures
Separately, there will be a change to entry procedures at university-run indoor dining facilities at the Health Science campus from Nov. 8, to meet LA County guidelines related to COVID-19 vaccine and testing requirements. Proof of a COVID-19 vaccine, or recent negative test—within 72 hours – will be required.
This change is in effect for the Edmonson Faculty Center and the dining facilities in SRH (Seaver Hall), beginning Nov. 8. All dining patrons at these facilities — including non-USC visitors — are required to show COVID-19 vaccine proof or recent negative test to gain entry. Valid Trojan Check will be accepted for USC faculty, staff, and students.
Our partners in keeping campuses safe from COVID-19, the Care Crew Ambassadors, appreciate your cooperation in showing valid proof to gain access to these dining facilities.