Please be informed of the following updates from Student Health – on the Winter Break schedule for COVID-19 testing, test result times, and flu compliance requirements.
Winter Break testing schedule
The Winter Break COVID-19 testing schedule begins this weekend, with a closure of Saturday testing beginning Saturday, Dec. 18. Please refer to the schedule below, or access a PDF version here. Regular testing hours and locations resume operations on Monday, Jan. 10, with new extended hours for saliva drop off at Jefferson Lot, until 6:30 p.m.
Monday, Dec. 13-Friday, Dec. 17: Pardee Marks and Bookstore locations closed.
Saturday, Dec. 18: All sites closed.
Academic Break week 1 – Monday, Dec. 20–Thursday, Dec. 23:
UPC Jefferson Lot is open:
- Saliva drop-off is 7a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Swab is closed at 3 p.m. from Monday-Wednesday. Swab is closed on Thursday, Dec. 23
- Dec. 24 and 25: Closed for holiday
- Dec. 26: Sunday closure
HSC Eric Cohen is accepting saliva drop-offs from 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
All other sites are closed this week.
Academic Break week 2: Monday, Dec. 27–Thursday, Dec. 30:
UPC Jefferson Lot open:
- Saliva drop-off and swab: 7 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Swab is closed on Thursday, Dec. 30
- Dec. 31 and Jan. 1: Closed for holiday
- Jan. 2: Sunday closure
HSC Eric Cohen is accepting saliva drop-offs from 9 a.m.–1 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 27 and Tuesday, Dec. 28.
All other sites are closed this week.
Academic Break week 3: Monday, Jan. 3–Friday, Jan. 7
Jefferson Lot, Bookstore, Pardee Marks, Pappas Quad are open and operating. Refer to schedule below
Jefferson Lot Hours Saliva Drop Off: 7 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday, and 9:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Friday
Bookstore drop-off: 7:30 a.m.–11:30 a.m., Monday-Thursday, and 9:30-11:30 a.m. Friday.
Pardee Marks drop-off: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Friday.
Pappas Quad drop-off: 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Friday.
All locations — swab closure at 3 p.m., Monday-Thursday, and 2 p.m. Friday.
Lab result timeframes for COVID-19 population (pop) testing
Due to unexpected equipment maintenance, lab resulting times for saliva sample testing for COVID-19 is currently delayed. Results are expected to return within 48-72 hours this week. New appointments online for saliva drop-off are closed over the next three days, and patients are directed to make appointments for a nasal swab.
- Nasal swab sample testing is operating normally. These results are expected to return in the typical timeframe of 24-48 hours.
- Reminder for international travel-related testing: Pop testing is available as ongoing surveillance testing. Results are typically available within 24 hours but are not guaranteed. The timing of test result availability depends on testing volume and laboratory capacity on any given day. Testing does not take place on Sundays or major holidays (Dec. 24, 25, 31, and Jan. 1).
Medical stamps, passport number, and CLIA lab certification can be added to test result documentation upon request. To request this information be added to your test result documentation, please email email@example.com with the following information in the subject line: Testing Documentation for Travel, full name and USC ID #.
- Rapid pre-travel COVID testing is available for a cost at LAX for travelers with time-sensitive travel testing requirements.
MYSHR user access — optimal times
MySHR users may experience slowdowns or system timeouts have during heavy system usage times (typically Monday mornings after holiday breaks). Consider logging in during weekends and evenings to make your testing appointment, this will allow for the best system access experience. Also, consider making Wednesday-Friday your regular weekly testing days.
Return testing – arrival to LA
If you are traveling over the Winter Break, please plan on testing 24-48 hours before you arrive in LA. Please test 24-48 hours after your arrival to LA, and if you have traveled internationally, test again on day five after your arrival.
Flu vaccine compliance
Flu vaccine compliance will take effect for Trojan Check this Friday, Dec. 17. If you are not compliance with flu vaccination requirements by this date your campus access will be impacted.