Center for Work and Family Life
Help where and when you need it
The Center for Work and Family Life has provided services for the Trojan Family for 40 years, and we continue to support faculty, staff, dependents and retirees during COVID-19 through remote Zoom and telephone sessions.
We offer free and confidential work/life resources for benefits-eligible employees:
- Support groups and work/life balance talks tailored for your department, unit, or workgroup
- Workplace consultations for leaders and supervisors to support and manage staff
- Individual counseling for personal and workplace issues
- Executive coaching by International Coaching Federation-certified clinicians for Director-level and above employees
- Thriving Thursdays Zoom sessions, offering monthly mental health wellness learning bursts while nourishing your body with lunch, the first Thursday of each month (watch the Gateway Connect weekly email for details)
- ParentConnect – drop-in groups for USC faculty and staff who are working parents or caregivers, and the ParentConnect Slack group (co-sponsored by the USC Center for the Changing Family), a Slack workspace that supports working parents/caregivers of school-aged children. Channels in the group focus on young children, teens, distance learning, activities to support family wellbeing, and relevant HR benefits. It’s a place for working parents and other caregivers to:
- Discover and share solutions for work-life-family integration
- Learn about the latest research conducted by USC faculty
- Receive updates from University HR on benefits
- Build community when and where they choose
For more information on any of the above, contact us at (213) 821-0800 (24/7) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View our recent webinar on Healthy at Home Habits:
Watch this brief overview to better understand the benefits available to you, at no charge, from the CWFL:
Offices are located at both UPC and HSC, and services are available at USC's downtown location and at other USC locations by prior arrangement. Office hours are 9am-5pm.
UPC - Figueroa Building
3535 S Figueroa St, Suite E202
Los Angeles, CA 90007
The Figueroa Building is across Figueroa from the USC (formerly Radisson) Hotel; the building is located next to the Merle Norman Beach Volleyball Stadium and behind Parking Structure X (PSX). We are located on the second floor; access the internal stairway through the building's west entrance which faces the parking structure. Note that the university has not yet made the second floor accessible except by stairway. If you cannot use stairs or prefer not to, please advise us at the time of scheduling your intake, so that we may arrange for an alternate meeting location or method. View in Google Maps
For employees with a USC parking permit, parking is free in PSX, with entry on USC McCarthy Way. Take the stairway in the southeast corner of the structure to access the Figueroa Building. Limited metered parking is available in the area:
- On USC McCarthy Way, there are four metered spots; parking is limited to 1 hour, cost is $2.25 per hour
- On Figueroa, there are approximately 15 metered spots on the west side of Figueroa; parking is limited to four hours, and ends at 4pm each day after which time cars are towed away
The Figueroa Building is also within easy walking distance of the Metro Expo Line, located in between the Jefferson and Exposition stations.
HSC - Soto Street Building
2001 N Soto St #112
Los Angeles, CA 90032
We are located on the first floor near the Fitness Center.
- From the concierge desk, walk towards the Fitness Center at the back of the building
- As you approach the gym entrance, you will find yourself in a student study area
- Turn left and walk towards the wood-paneled wall in back
- At the paneled wall, turn left; our suite is the 2nd door on the right, past classroom 114
Metered parking is available in front of the Soto building. Parking costs $2/hour, and is pre-paid at any of several pay stations. The pay stations accept paper bills and credit/debit cards, but do not accept coins. We recommend buying a 2-hour permit, to allow time for a full session without getting a fine.
A free USC bus, the Soto Route shuttle, operates continuously at 12-minute intervals throughout the day, picking up at the following locations (no signage at these locations):
- Norris Hospital: In front of Norris Cancer Center, behind the Inter-Campus Shuttle stop (closer to the Norris valet driveway)
- Keck Hospital: On San Pablo Street at the base of the main driveway (in front of the fruit vendor typically located there)
- The corner of San Pablo/Alcazar
- CSC: in front of the CSC building, at the tram sign
- Soto I Building: directly in front of the main entrance
USC Center Downtown
1150 S Olive St
Los Angeles, CA 90015
We are located on the 29th floor. Since floor access is restricted in this building, anyone attending an appointment must first meet with CWFL at the lobby security desk by the Olive Street building entrance.
Lara Hilton, PhD, MPH – Director
Angela DiBlasi, LCSW, CEAP, PCC – Program Manager HSC
Cindy Ryan, PhD, LMFT, CEAP, ACC – Program Manager UPC
Linda Snouffer, LCSW, CEAP, MCC – Employee Assistance Professional
Jessica Ayala, LCSW – Employee Assistance Professional
Susan Huddleston – CWFL Office Manager
Julie Chobdee, MPH – Health & Well-being Program Manager
Suzzane Huynh – Health & Well-being Program Coordinator