Center for Work and Family Life
Help where and when you need it
In today’s hectic world, the competing demands of work and family life can be more challenging than ever. The USC Center for Work and Family Life (CWFL) is a one-stop destination dedicated to helping you maintain a balance between your personal and professional lives.
We provide integrated services for employees and their families designed to support you throughout your work experience at USC. We understand that everyone has unique needs and faces different challenges. Whether you need support with personal or relationship issues, workplace conflict, career development, or stress management, you’ll find the help you seek from one of our dedicated and highly trained professional staff members.
Our core services include:
- brief, solution-focused counseling for a wide range of personal and work-related concerns
- stress reduction
- specialized consultation for faculty, managers and departments
- executive and professional coaching
We also maintain an extensive network of additional resources for referral, both at USC and in the community, and a wide variety of resources on work and wellness topics, including extensive resources related to addiction.
Offices are located at both UPC and HSC, and services are available at USC’s downtown location and at other USC locations by prior arrangement. Office hours are 9am-5pm.
UPC – Figueroa Building
3535 S Figueroa St, Suite E202
Los Angeles, CA 90007
The Figueroa Building is across Figueroa from the USC (formerly Radisson) Hotel; the building is located next to the Merle Norman Beach Volleyball Stadium and behind Parking Structure X (PSX). We are located on the second floor; access the internal stairway through the building’s west entrance which faces the parking structure. Note that the university has not yet made the second floor accessible except by stairway. If you cannot use stairs or prefer not to, please advise us at the time of scheduling your intake, so that we may arrange for an alternate meeting location or method. View in Google Maps
For employees with a USC parking permit, parking is free in PSX, with entry on USC McCarthy Way. Take the stairway in the southeast corner of the structure to access the Figueroa Building. Limited metered parking is available in the area:
- On USC McCarthy Way, there are four metered spots; parking is limited to 1 hour, cost is $2.25 per hour
- On Figueroa, there are approximately 15 metered spots on the west side of Figueroa; parking is limited to four hours, and ends at 4pm each day after which time cars are towed away
The Figueroa Building is also within easy walking distance of the Metro Expo Line, located in between the Jefferson and Exposition stations.
HSC – Soto Street Building
2001 N Soto St #112
Los Angeles, CA 90032
We are located on the first floor near the Fitness Center.
- From the concierge desk, walk towards the Fitness Center at the back of the building
- As you approach the gym entrance, you will find yourself in a student study area
- Turn left and walk towards the wood-paneled wall in back
- At the paneled wall, turn left; our suite is the 2nd door on the right, past classroom 114
Metered parking is available in front of the Soto building. Parking costs $2/hour, and is pre-paid at any of several pay stations. The pay stations accept paper bills and credit/debit cards, but do not accept coins. We recommend buying a 2-hour permit, to allow time for a full session without getting a fine.
A free USC bus, the Soto Route shuttle, operates continuously at 12-minute intervals throughout the day, picking up at the following locations (no signage at these locations):
- Norris Hospital: In front of Norris Cancer Center, behind the Inter-Campus Shuttle stop (closer to the Norris valet driveway)
- Keck Hospital: On San Pablo Street at the base of the main driveway (in front of the fruit vendor typically located there)
- The corner of San Pablo/Alcazar
- CSC: in front of the CSC building, at the tram sign
- Soto I Building: directly in front of the main entrance
USC Center Downtown
1150 S Olive St
Los Angeles, CA 90015
We are located on the 29th floor. Since floor access is restricted in this building, anyone attending an appointment must first meet with CWFL at the lobby security desk by the Olive Street building entrance.