Upcoming System Downtime: Workday Unavailable June 30 – July 6
On July 6, 2021, USC will transition financial services from the Kuali Financial System (KFS) to Workday, thus establishing a single university system for all finance, payroll, and human resources services.
What to Know:
To move financial services from KFS to Workday Financials, Workday will be unavailable to all USC employees:
- Beginning: Wednesday, June 30 at 6 p.m.
- Ending: Tuesday, July 6 at 7 a.m.
What to Do:
Please keep in mind that during this time, Workday Time Tracking will be unavailable. Non-exempt faculty, staff, and student workers who use Workday Time Tracking will need to do the following:
- Use paper timesheets from to record hours worked during the system downtime (Wednesday, June 30 at 6 p.m. through Tuesday, July 6 at 7 a.m.).
- Enter your time into Workday once Workday is available beginning at 7 a.m. on Tuesday, July 6 and no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 7. Standard approval procedures will follow.
- If your hours worked are tracked by time clock entry, please enter “WD” in the required comments box in Workday.
Note: Other timekeeping systems such as Kronos, BOSS, and MyPortal will not be affected.
Additionally, please ensure you complete any important transactions, requests, or tasks in Workday prior to June 30 at 6 p.m.
KFS and Workday HCM/Payroll Users:
If you use KFS or manage HCM/Payroll transactions in Workday, learn more about the HCM/Payroll or Finance specific changes that may apply to you. Reach out to your Change Leader in your school or unit for any questions.