The university recognizes and appreciates its employees in a variety of ways:
Appreciation and recognition for service
- Staff Appreciation program – encompasses milestone gifts for employees, the Tell Us Your Story program, and the annual Staff Recognition Luncheon.
- Staff Appreciation Week – each year in the spring, Staff Assembly sponsors a week of freebies, discounts and fun for staff members. Watch the Employee Gateway or your Gateway Connect emails (sent Monday mornings) for details.
Awards for achievement
- Faculty awards/distinctions – this page explains and links to recent winners of the many available faculty awards and distinctions
- President’s Award for Staff Achievement – the highest award a staff member can receive – visit the page to find out how to nominate a colleague
- Monthly staff awards – sponsored by Staff Assembly and Staff Club, worthy staff members are recognized monthly – visit the page to find out how to nominate a colleague
- School/division recognition efforts – individual schools and divisions offer their own employee awards
- Achievement awards/achievement event – more information to come