Quake preparedness during a pandemic
While we remain under pandemic conditions, it is important to understand that earthquakes, fires, power outages and other emergencies can and will occur. These emergencies and disasters can further compound the impacts from COVID-19. To help you prepare for earthquakes and other emergencies, the USC Office of Fire Safety & Emergency Planning is pleased to offer a special quake preparedness training with emphasis on preparing your home and family. Now is the time to ensure your home is well-prepared, especially given that so many of us are working and attending school from home.
This Zoom event will be offered on Thursday, July 23 from noon-1pm. Steve Goldfarb, Director of Fire Safety & Emergency Planning, will share:
- Special preparedness considerations under pandemic conditions
- What to do during
- What to do right after
- How to secure items in your home
- What should be in your home disaster kit, office kit and vehicle kit
- Special considerations for children and pets
- How to shut off your home utilities
- Creating a family communication plan
- Available earthquake early warning apps
Plus, there will be an opportunity to ask questions.
How to attend
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org and an Outlook appointment will be sent to you with the Zoom meeting information. Please note that registration closes at 5pm on Wednesday, July 22.