Natural History Museum offers a wealth of online exploring
The Natural History Museums of Los Angeles County are opening new doors to natural history – virtually – while physical doors are closed.
With the mission to inspire wonder, discovery and responsibility for our natural and cultural worlds, the Natural History Museums of Los Angeles County – including the Natural History Museum (right across the street from USC), La Brea Tar Pits and William S. Hart Museum – offer free admission to employees with your USCard. Now, NHMLAC Connects offers new opportunities to explore natural and cultural wonders: safely, and digitally from home. Think social distancing with dinosaurs and mammoths, and connecting with nature and community science right outside your own door. Highlights include:
- The museums want to know what blows YOUR mind?
- Connect with inspiring educators, scientists and each other for virtual adventures.
- Access rich school curriculum and activities to do with your family at home.
- Participate in exciting crowd-sourced science and social media campaigns.
- Explore the outdoors using Wild L.A. as your nature guide.
- Learn through neighbors’ stories, history and culture in Becoming L.A.
- Join scientists on international expeditions as they share discoveries, from Antarctica to Tarpits of the World, including La Brea Tar Pits, the one-of-a-kind active urban Ice Age excavation site.
For the month of April, NHMLAC Connects is taking an in depth look at our planet Earth.
Begin exploring collections, exhibitions, educational experiences and global science adventures online with NHMLAC Connects.