Anthem MyChoice HMO (CNA/NUHW union employees only)
Under this HMO, you must use Anthem MyChoice providers; there is no out-of-network coverage (except in an emergency). You must choose an Anthem MyChoice doctor as your primary care physician (PCP) to be your first point of contact, coordinate your care and make referrals. When you need care, you’re charged $30 per office visit ($40 for specialists, for which you must have a referral) and the plan pays the rest of the covered expense. Participants in Anthem MyChoice do not qualify for any of the healthy choices incentives; they are not charged the working spouse surcharge.
To find providers in the Anthem MyChoice HMO:
- Go to www.anthem.com/ca and click Find a Doctor / Find Care on the top of the home page. Click on Guests, then follow the steps below.
- Under “What type of care are you searching for?” select Medical
- Under “What state do you want to search in?” select the name of your state
- Under “What type of plan do you want to search with?” select Medical (Employer-Sponsored)
- Under “Select a plan/network,” select “Blue Cross HMO (CACare) – Large Group”, then click on Continue
- You must input your city, county, or zip code where you are seeking care before filling in “search for care by specialty, name, NPI or license number” or clicking a link under the Common Searches area