End of the year tax form info
For all employees
Employees who wish to receive their W-2 electronically only can enroll now through December 31 on the ADP site. Enrolling after December 31 gives you digital access to your W-2, but you will still receive a paper version. Beyond being more convenient and environmentally-friendly, electronic delivery keeps your information more secure than having your W-2 sitting in your mailbox at home.
For benefits-eligible employees – the 1095-C form
By January 31, USC is required under the Affordable Care Act to provide full-time employees with an annual statement, called a Form 1095-C, which gives information about the health care coverage that you and your dependents had or were offered during the previous year. Much like Form W-2 and Form 1099, which include information about the income you received, these new health care forms provide information that you may need when you file your individual income tax return. Also like Forms W-2 and 1099, USC will file these new forms with the IRS. You are not required to file this form with your tax return. This form contains personal information about you and your dependents.
If you registered via Workday last year to receive this document electronically, it will be provided to you securely via Workday. If not, please register by no later than January 15 to provide consent for electronic delivery – otherwise, a hard copy of the document must be mailed to your last known home address.
We encourage you to consent to electronic receipt which provides multiple benefits:
- Earlier access to your Form 1095-C for tax preparation purposes
- No possibility your tax document might be lost, stolen, delayed or misplaced by the U.S. mail service or by a family member once received
- Access is available at the same easy-to-use, secure website at which you can access your wage and general account information
- Secured access can be attained even if you are not presently at your residence (for example, if are at a remote job location)
- Electronic delivery saves on delivery costs and supports the university’s sustainability efforts
To consent to receive your electronic 1095-C now in Workday:
- Log into Workday
- Click on your name in the upper right corner
- Click “View Profile”
- In the upper left side, click “…” to the right of your name
- Under the heading “Actions” there is a subheading called “Benefits” – in the dropdown box under Benefits, click “Change 1095-C Printing Election”
- Read the consent and click “Receive electronic copy of 1095-C”